CALL FOR PAPERS
The 2021 IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Latin America (ISGT Latin America 2021) is sponsored by IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES). It will be a virtual conference, from 15-17 September 2021.
The aim of the IEEE PES ISGT Conference is to provide an international forum for experts to promote, share, and discuss innovations and developments in the field of smart grid technologies and applications. The academic and industrial community will address new challenges and share solutions at the interface of technology, information, and complex systems, and discuss future research directions. IEEE PES ISGT-Latin America 2021 will feature keynotes, plenary sessions, paper, and poster sessions, industry presentations, and panels by worldwide experts on the smart grid and related technologies.
We invite the submission of original, unpublished technical papers on topics including but not limited to:
- Industry experience in deploying smart grid technologies for power generation, transmission, distribution, energy conversion, and storage.
- Smart grid planning, design, and operation.
- Information and communication technologies for smart grids, interoperability, and cyber-security.
- Wide area monitoring, protection, and control.
- Power electronics, control, and protection systems for smart grid applications.
- Demand response and real-time pricing.
- Electric vehicles and interactions with the grid.
- Smart multi-energy infrastructures and the environment
- Field trials, user acceptance, and experience
- Large-scale integration of renewable energy and virtual power plants
- Multi-domain energy systems
- Power quality and power electronics application and control
- Sensors, advanced metering, data acquisition, and monitoring
- Innovative hardware and components for smart grids
- Smart grid maintenance and asset management
- Costs, risks, and benefits associated with smart grid technologies
- Big and open data
- Business modeling, smart grid market models, including CO2
- Economics of smart grids
- Institutional design for smart grids
- Market design and regulatory issues
- Diagnostics, self-healing, and reliability of smart grids
- Education and training on smart grids
All presented papers will be published in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.